Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2013

 
Holiday Beans in Jar Decoration
 
 
There is never a better time to be crafty than when the weather is cold outside and the holidays are just around the corner. Decorating your home can be very pricy sometimes that's why whenever I can I try to come up with my own ideas.  The internet is a great place to find ideas if you are not a crafty person.
 
***
 
I wanted to create something that has my signature, in another words, something that reflects who I am.  So I decided to use beans and mason jars (love the looks of beans in mason jars) and add a little touch of the Holidays. 
 
***
 
There are so many different kind of beans out there ~ it was fun browsing around my food store to find these three.  I suggest you go to a natural/ healthy store to find a better variety of beans.  You will be amazed how many kinds of beans is out there!
 
***
 
So lets get started.  You can play around with your options but here is what I used:
 
3 Mason Jars
Red Beans
Green Beans
White Beans
Craft Paper (3 different designs)
Scissors
Yarn/ Twine
 
 
Making it was fun and simple.  Put each color beans in each of the three jar.  Cut out letters to spell the word JOY.  Punch a small hole near the top of each letter.  Put the yarn or twine, which ever one you choose to use, thru the hole and tie it around the top lid of the jar. 
 
***
 
 
 
 
I have my jars on top of my cabinets.  In some houses there is an empty space between the cabinets and the ceiling, that's where mine are right now :)  They look so good up there.  Its probably a safe spot for it too because I am thinking those beans gotta taste soooo good right?  I didn't include in the picture (well not the whole thing) next to my beans jars is my Seeds catalogue, I thought those two should stay together.
 
Hope you enjoyed crafting with me.  Please leave a comment below, I love to hear from all of you.
 
Also visit me on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/RibaswithLove
 
 
xoxo,
~ Ribas with Love
 
 
 

No comments: