Translate

Friday, November 8, 2013

 
Beef and Bean Chili
 
Soup season is here!  Is anyone else as excited as I am?  Thought so... that's why I decided to share this one with you.  Chili is one of my favorites!! REASON: I love BEANS!!  This Brazilian born girl can't live without her beans...
 
Will you need:
Olive Oil
Onions (white or red and as much or as little as you like)
Garlic (2 cloves, minced)
Chili Powder
Ground Cumin
1 lb Ground Beef
15 oz Can Tomato Sauce (diced)
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Kidney Beans (cooked)
1 Cup Black Beans (cooked)
Sea Salt
Cilantro
 
 
 
 
what's next...
 
In a large soup pot heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently until onions are translucent.

Stir in chili powder and cumin and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add ground beef and stir to brown the meat, 3 to 5 minutes.
 
 
 
This is how it looks...
 
 
Add tomato sauce, water and beans. Season with salt to taste, then bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring often, until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cilantro and hot pepper sauce, if desired.
  
 

 
This is a very tasty flavorful and filling dish great for the cold weather.
I avoided the spices to make it kid friendly but I think the spices make chili extra special and warm.
 
Did I say why I love beans so much? Right...growing up in Brazil beans is a part of everyday life.  Brazil and India grows more beans than any country in the world.  Recent research linking bean intake to lower risk of type 2 diabetes, many types of cardiovascular disease and several types of cancer was one of the key factors used by the Brazilian government to establish their bean intake recommendations. 
 
For all the reasons stated above I say: LETS CHILL WITH SOME CHILI ~ be warm, full and healthy!!
 
If you liked this recipe and wish to see more, please subscribe to my Blog!
 
 
Also visit me at:
 
~ Ribas with Love
 
 

No comments: