Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!
Did your family weekend adventures included carving a jack-o’-lantern? If so, then you probably have a few pumpkin seeds sitting around... (hopefully it didn't get thrown away). Instead of throwing them away, roast them for a Halloween treat that is just as healthy as it is delicious. You can include your children in this project so they are more likely to try this delicious snack.
Pumpkins seeds are a terrific source of vitamins and minerals that your body needs. They are very high in magnesium and zinc, which will help to keep your digestion tract functioning well and improve your skin, hair and nails. Zinc is also linked to improved sleep patterns and immune system health – perfect for this time of year!
The best part about this healthy snack is that even your kids will love them. It will be a treat to make them feel good for all of their hard work!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Ingredients
- 2 cups fresh, raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until pumpkin seeds are completely covered in spices and oil
- Spread the seeds out on a cookie sheet, then bake for 45 minutes or until seeds are golden brown.
- Cool before serving
Please leave your comments and share this recipe with your family and friends,
Also visit my facebook page:
~ Ribas with Love