Translate

Monday, October 28, 2013

Letter to an Extraordinary Friend

 
 
 
The difference between ordinary people and extraordinary people is the word “extra.” As Anne Frank once said, “No one has ever become poor by giving.” Whenever you can, go out of your way and do something nice and unexpected for those aro...
und you, especially those who may never be able to repay you. Be the “extra” in extraordinary.

A friend forwarded an article to me, that she read and thought of me, and in that article I saw this paragraph (above) that caught my attention because although I don't see myself as an Extraordinary person I DO try to do a little extra, to give a little extra, to show a little extra and to love a little extra. For a long time I was so concerned about putting myself out there by doing all that "extra" stuff... I was hurt and by keeping it all in I felt safe. On the other hand I didn't want to give any "extras" because I expected to get it all in return and so I was always getting disappointed. The mistake of giving and expecting. I lived my life wondering if that was all life had reserved for me. I didn't live to my potential and I didn't know my potential. Most people don't live to their potential, don't know their potential and don't look into it either. I always knew life wanted more of me and although I still don't have all my answers I DO KNOW that it's not all about me. That there is a world out there of people that are connected to me, like a big family, if I help them I help myself and so that's where I am heading. The more I help others the more I realize that I have all I need to be happy within me.  My values that once was measured by my bank account and the brands of my beauty products are no longer the values that I have today. If I can take twenty minutes to hear a friend and help a friend or talk to someone about making better choices gives me such overwhelming happiness !!!  

I think that people tend to overly focus on themselves and forget to connect with their friends, family and neighbors.  We need to make ourselves part of something that makes us happy, that fulfills us.  Such as a church group, a meditational or yoga groups, classes, meeting up old friends or making new friends in some cases.  Offer help to other, no matter where we are in life we always have something to give!
 
If anything GIVE:
RESPECT
HUG
SMILE
CARISMA
LOVE



   Thank you for thinking of me as an Extraordinary person, I like to think that people like you, as we go along this path, are what make my life EXTRAORDINARY.

~ Ribas with Love

No comments: